Our goal is to maintain Miwok Stables as a model public riding facility, celebrating the many ways members of the public can enjoy an equestrian facility in our National Park and the rich history that it encompasses. We would greatly appreciate your support.
The Programs We provide equestrian programs to those less fortunate. We have served groups from Sunny Hills Children’s Services, San Francisco Police Department Juvenile Division and Hunter’s Point City of Dreams, Marin General Hospital Cancer Recovery Unit, and more.
- A major clean-up including refurbishing of the residence, updating the horse stalls, repairing broken paddocks and barn siding and other deferred maintenance projects have been completed.
- We have re-built the large outdoor riding ring, improving critical drainage and environmental issues.
- Installed two large storage tanks and pump systems to ameliorate seasonal water shortages due to the variances of the natural springs.
- Current Projects include moving all stalls away from the creek, which means building new stalls inside the haybarn, and building a new barn for the hay. NPS requirements also include drainage systems, ADA accessibility improvements, maintenance of the exterior of the historic Lopes House, and more.
- Increased public riding, trail rides for the public, lessons for beginners, kids camps, and programs for equestrians at all levels.
- Opportunities for non-riding members of the public interested in the history of an early California Ranch or the science of veterinary medicine
- Through our maintenance and restoration of this 100-year-old historic ranch, and provision of recreational and educational programs, the ranch encourages healthy outdoor activity in an increasingly unnatural world.
How Much Does It Take? $250,000 up!
- Outreach Course: $400 per student
- Clean Water Projects: $50,000
- New Hay Barn: $100,000
- Main Barn New Stalls: $100,000
Easy Ways to Give – Thank You!
or Mail a check to:
Miwok Stables Center
701 Tennessee Valley Rd
Mill Valley CA 94941
Your gift to the Center non-profit 501c3 is tax deductible.
Other ways to give, year round:
In less than a minute!
Just register online at www.escrip.com. Every time you use your credit or loyalty cards, stores automatically donate a percentage to the Miwok Stables Center. Many of our supporters contribute through escrip. Won’t you join them? It takes less than a minute, and will benefit the Miwok Center Outreach for years.
Some of the Escrip merchants:
Andronicos up to 4%
Mollie Stone’s up to 5%
Paradise Foods up to 5%
Safeway up to 4%
… and many more stores, online sites etc.
Shop at Mill Valley Market
Downtown Mill Valley
3% of your purchase goes to Miwok Stables Center. At the checkstand, tell the checker before your transaction is complete to donate to Miwok Stables Center. That’s it! Mill Valley Market will donate 3% of your total receipt. This is an effortless way to support the Center, and enjoy a gourmet market.